Ok so you've been reading about matcha and how good it is for you. You've maybe had a cup of delicious matcha latte at one of your local beverage-to-go outlets but have not yet tried to make matcha at home. Here are the simple steps to making matcha or matcha latte - easy as can be!
1. Use 1/2 tsp of matcha for one cup
2. Bring freshly drawn filtered water to approx. 80°C (same temperature as for any green tea).
3. Put approximately 1/3 a cup of water in your cup or bowl.
4. Sift the matcha into the water using a small, fine mesh strainer. (this prevents the matcha from "clumping" in your cup. Wisk the matcha and water together until the matcha is suspended in the water and there is a nice froth on top of the surface of the water (approx. 5 - 10 seconds)
5. Top up to fill the cup with more hot water
That's all there is to it. Enjoy!
For Matcha Latte
Follow the steps above (Steps 1 - 4)
However, instead of topping up with more hot water, heat enough milk to top up your cup (you can use dairy, soy, almond, etc.) . Froth the milk with a wisk and add to the matcha. Add a touch of sweetner if you like. Makes an amazing matcha latte!