What is more refreshing that a glass of cold, iced fruit tea on a hot summer day? One of the most common questions we get asked during the summer is "how do you make your iced fruit tea?" So we thought we'd put the response on our blog again and update it.
Below is the easiest way we've found to make fruit based iced tea. This works for Solar Fantasia, Ursa Major, Copacabana and Osiris. Make extra and freeze it to just thaw and enjoy throughout the summer or anytime.
1. Using a heat proof tea press, pot or even a bowl, put approx. 1/2 to up to an inch of dried fruity tisane in the bottom.
2. Bring freshly drawn, filtered water to a full boil. Pour over the fruity tisane and fill up your pot. Cover and let it steep for 10 minutes.
3. Push down the press or strain off the fruity tisane into another heat proof pot or container. Add sweetener, if desired (agave, sugar, honey, etc.)
4. Place in the refrigerator and chill. You now have a fruity tisane concentrate that you can keep and use for a week or freeze and keep for up to 3 months.
5. To serve, pour over ice and add cold water to your desired concentration. Taste and adjust sweetener, if desired.